When I stumbled upon the pictures for these adorable rose cards on Maureen Cracknell Handmade’s blog I knew we had to try them out. They were beautiful and unique. Plus they used up the end of a vegetable that I might have just thrown away when I was done using it. This tutorial is simple, easy and almost not needed. Just look at the pictures to get an idea of what you’re supposed to do.
You can also get creative! Try playing with colors or painting each celery stalk a different color to make a rainbow rose. Or add a rose garden onto canvas. I’ve also read that you can do this with lettuce as well. Maybe have a whole flower scape with different vegetable stamps.
What You’ll Need:
- Celery bunches
1. Cut the celery leaving only about 2 inches of in tact stalks.
2. Pour paint onto a small dish or paper plate.
3. Press the celery (cut side) into the paint and then stamp on paper.
4. Sprinkle with glitter while still wet.
5. Add a leaf or two if you’d like and personalize the card.